We will be reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. This book can be found here. This event will be held at Bohemeo’s Cafe.
“Nothing in the whole of literature compares with The Master and Margarita. One spring afternoon, the Devil, trailing fire and chaos in his wake, weaves himself out of the shadows and into Moscow. Mikhail Bulgakov’s fantastical, funny, and devastating satire of Soviet life combines two distinct yet interwoven parts, one set in contemporary Moscow, the other in ancient Jerusalem, each brimming with historical, imaginary, frightful, and wonderful characters. Written during the darkest days of Stalin’s reign, and finally published in 1966 and 1967, The Master and Margarita became a literary phenomenon, signaling artistic and spiritual freedom for Russians everywhere.”
Satanic Book Club Rules:
- Book discussion starts at 8pm
- Saint Arnold’s serves alcohol. This is not a social event so please take it easy when it comes to drinking.
- If you’re not using your phone as an e-reader please keep it in your pocket.
- Keep the cross talk down, we are here to talk about the book we read this month.
- If you didn’t read the book you are still welcome to come and partake in the conversation.