- 09February 9, 2020The Game Preserve NASA20810 Gulf Freeway, Suite Z Webster, TX 77598
Join TST-Houston at the Game Preserve NASA! We look forward to seeing you there.
Game preserve is BYOB but it must be in a cooler and the cooler must stay with you. They have a small selection of snacks and drinks. You may have food delivered.
Day passes will be 15$ per person, paid at the Game Preserve, all arcade games are on free play.
- 23February 23, 2020BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown Campus6500 Rookin St, Houston, TX 77074
Speaker: Jon Winningham of The Satanic Temple Houston
About the Satanic Temple: “The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will. Politically aware, Civic-minded Satanists and allies in The Satanic Temple have publicly opposed The Westboro Baptist Church, advocated on behalf of children in public school to abolish corporal punishment, applied for equal representation where religious monuments are placed on public property, provided religious exemption and legal protection against laws that unscientifically restrict women’s reproductive autonomy, exposed fraudulent harmful pseudo-scientific practitioners and claims in mental health care, and applied to hold clubs alongside other religious after school clubs in schools besieged by proselytizing organizations.”
Our local goal is to create and maintain a safe community of Satanists and our allies in the diverse greater Houston area. Group activities include meeting like-minded individuals at monthly book clubs and social events. The purpose of these events is to discuss Satanic philosophy, activism, and atheism. We work to apply this knowledge to improve the lives of our community members and dispel harmful myths about Satanists.
This event is hosted by Houston Oasis
- 27February 27, 2020Bohemeo's Cafe708 Telephone Road. Houston, TX 77023
We will be reading Prometheus Unbound by Percy Bysshe Shelley.
‘Prometheus Unbound’. It concerns the torture of Prometheus, the Greek mythological figure who defies the gods by giving fire to humanity. Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792 – 1822) was a significant English Romantic poet, widely considered to be one of the finest lyric poets in the English language. Other notable works by this author include: ‘The Daemon of the World’ (1816), ‘Mont Blanc’ (1816), and ‘Original Poetry by Victor and Cazire’ (1810)”
Please review the Satanic Book Club Rules below:
- Locations that serve alcohol – Please keep in mind this is not a social event so please take it easy when it comes to drinking.
- If you’re not using your phone as an e-reader please keep it in your pocket.
- Keep the cross talk down, we are here to talk about the book we read this month.
- If you didn’t read the book you are still welcome to come and partake in the conversation.
- Book discussion starts at 8 pm